It doesn’t matter you are in a job or a student, who doesn’t need an extra side income? Freelancing is a good option if you want some extra money.
I am assuming here, most of you know that what freelancing is if not read: “How to start Freelancing and Earn Money“. You will get an idea about freelancing.
It’s not that easy to start working online, there is already so many people doing this, there is so much competition in this field and also, if you are listening “Freelancing” term for the first time, then i think you don’t know from where and how to start.
So, there are so many ways you can do Freelancing:
- By using Blog
- Through Social Media
- Using Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Using Freelancer or Fiverr like Platforms.
- By selling your services or digital products online.
In this post, I will cover Freelancer.com, I will cover other methods in my future posts.
Freelancer is a platform for the people like us who wants to work from home. There are two types of accounts on Freelancer.com,
First: Who wants to work called Freelancer, Second: Who wants to hire called Employers
Once any Employer posts any project, the freelancers gets a popup notification on the bottom left side, by clicking on that popup you will be redirected to another page where you have to bid.
How to Start working on Freelancer.com in 2018
So, In this post, I will share some tips and tricks to start working on freelancer.com.
Choosing a Niche
This is really important to decide
Choose your niche carefully because there is so much competition going on so, you have to be very skillful in your work. For
Creating your account on Freelancer.com
Creating account on Freelancer is really very easy, you can create an account just using these simple steps:
Step 1: Just open Freelancer.com on your browser and click on “I want to Work” button, you can also signup using the “Signup” button on the top right corner.
Step 2: Once you clicked on any of the button from Step 1, you will be redirected to Signup page, where you just have to fill up your Email Address and Password. You can also signup using facebook.
Step 3: Now you will be redirected to another page where you have to choose username.
Step 4: Now select the account type. See the below image for Step 3 and 4.
Step 5: Now you have to choose the niche according to your expertise. There are so many categories to choose from. You will see some main skill and then some sub-skills, you can only choose 20 sub-skills. Choose carefully because you will see projects according to these sub-skills in your profile. After checking all your subs-kills click the “Next Step” button on the bottom right corner.
Step 6: After that you will be redirected to another page where you have to fill up your full name, Language and Experience level.
Step 7: Now you have to verify your payment method, you can use your
Note: If you really want to work here atleast go for Professional Membership.
Now, your account is ready, you can start bidding on projects.
How to do Bids and win your first project.
Bidding on projects is not that tough but winning the projects is. In this post, I will tell you the basic steps to do bids and how to get your first project. I will tell you more about bidding in my future posts.
Just click on the popup notification, you will be redirected to a new page where you will be able to see the details of the project like Project Budget, Project Description etc. After reading all the details carefully, click on the “Bid on this Project” button.
Now, you will be redirected to another new page where you have to fill below options.
- Bid Amount: Fill your project amount here, this is the amount which you will get ones the project get complete.
- Duration: In how many days/time you can complete the project.
- Quality Score: This is to reduce spamming means if you just copy paste your previous proposal, it will lower automatically and this will affect your profile stats if it goes down.
- Proposal: Here you have to write a Proposal.
- Project Milestone: If you are working on a big project, you can divide the total project fees into some pieces.
- Button: ones you filled everything just hit Place bid button, your bid will be placed now.
Note: “Sponsor My Bid” option will deduct around 5USD from your balance and will highlight your bid.
Some Tips to win your first project on Freelancer.com
- First of all, if you really want to work here buy
atleastprofessional membership plan because you can’t win projects by just bidding only on one or two projects.
- Must have patience and bid consistently: You can’t win projects in just one or two days.
- If you are just starting don’t go for money just go for reviews first, means keep your bid amount lower.
- Write a winning proposal.
- Bid as fast as you can! It shows 8 bids per page. Bids which take place on starting pages have a greater chance of winning the projects.
- Maintain your Bid Quality Score above 65.
Hope, It will help you in starting your freelancing career. If I missed something just tell me in comment section. Thanks.